Monday, May 7, 2012

Critique: Marie Callender's Meat Loaf and Gravy



I gotta hand it to the folks at ConAgra, they sure know how to take liberties with words like meat and loaf. I've had real homemade meat loaf in the past and brother, this ain't it! Even the picture on the front of their package cannot get away from the truth. This is a meat slab, not a meat loaf. The texture and feel was tough and dense, but still just edible. (Perhaps it was all that salt they add that helped). I sort of liked the gravy, but had a heck of a time locating anything that even remotely looked like a mushroom. Likewise the mashed potatoes should be renamed creamed potatoes as it was not too unlike eating toothpaste. Finally, there was the corn side dish! Wow. Who would have thought of adding that?

OK, The bottom line is that while I did eat this 380 calorie offering from Marie C., I wasn't all that happy. There are better products out there for me to spend my money on. Next time I get a hankering for something like this, I think I'll go visit a restaurant. This one gets a score of 6 and no, I don't plan on buying it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment