Saturday, May 19, 2012

Critique: Spaghetti Squash


It's ALIVE!!! This is sooo wrong!

What man or women who have been locked into a diet of some kind have not, at some point, thought about a substitute dish for pasta! A quick perusal of the internet will fill you in on all the bad things there are to say about regular pasta and how much better it is for you to sub in a nice steaming plate of squash! Well - they got the steaming pile part right anyway!

My reaction….balderdash! After trying a plate of this I will admit that if my life depended on eating spaghetti sauce layered over a plate of spaghetti squash, I could do it, but I would not be a happy camper while I was doing it.  Sure, I’d save a few calories in the process, but life is not just about saving calories. It’s also about eating and living well! This squash thing just didn’t cut it with my taste buds and that as they say is that! I’ll give this one a score of 4. It was edible, but only just!

My advice to you dieters out there....eat small portions of the real deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment