Thursday, April 16, 2015

A nutty surprise, pistachios!


Forsyth MO. – After finishing my shopping recently at a local Country Mart, I was standing in the checkout line when the checker asked me if I liked pistachio nuts. I told her sure and she then offered me a package that was not salable due to the fact that it contained only about half the correct amount of nuts. I accepted and so took them home.

The nuts were called 'Pistachios' and these particular nuts were labeled Sweet Chili! I found the taste to be awesome and so plan to purchase more of these in the future. A little research informed me that these nuts often grow in arid or desert climates. My particular package was grown at Paramount Farms in Lost Hills, California. This location lies northwest of LA about half way to Fresno. I've been to that area in the past and can testify to the lush growing climate where you also see very large orange groves.

My only problem with this product is the price - at $5 it's really not in my budget any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment