Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Beating the cost of eating breakfast out!


These days I like to eat out, especially for breakfast. There's something about rising early and then going over to a favorite eating emporium and then sitting down to a big plate of steak, hash browns, toast and eggs! The thing is, that sort of lifestyle comes with a price!

Where I like to go to eat breakfast, in my small town located in southwest MO, is a place called Charlie's. They serve up one heck of a steak and eggs platter that I really enjoy eating! The trouble is that the cost is around $8. Add a drink and a tip and you've spent a good dime. That fact, and the high calories, were not very agreeable with either my wallet or my waistline....

OK, sure. The steak ain't that thick!

So it was, I decided to see what I could whip up in a similar vein, that might also not totally kill my diet! Here is what I came up with, and at only $2.41. It fit in with what I was trying to accomplish.

You will note that I did not include the traditional hash browns for a number of reasons. Not the least of which was it was a high calorie fried in oil kind of addition!

 At left was a quick look at the breakdown of this meal a deal. At 421 calories, this did fit in nicely with my diet plans while still giving myself a chance to enjoys some of the foods I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment