Thursday, May 29, 2014

The cost of Chili has gone up!

With days and days of overcast weather in the forecast, I thought it might be a good idea to crank out a bowl or two of chili. But, wait! The cost...she's a gone up!

These days I like to make what I'd call 'Fast n Simple' chili. There are just four main ingredients; a pound of hamburger, a can each of petite diced tomatoes and kidney beans and a package of
McCormick Original Chili mix. After browning the hamburger and draining off the grease, everything is combined in a small ceramic-iron pot and then cooked on low for about an hour. Simple!

And, at about a dollar a serving, this still a pretty tasty dish in these troubled times.What did a bowl of red cost a few years ago? I'm not sure, but I can assure you it was a lot less!

No comments:

Post a Comment