Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Subway re-visited!


My chances to visit my local Subway are pretty few. As I don't prefer to eat alone, I have to wait and snag the one of two friends who also like the sort of food they serve. On this day it was my buddy Dan Danielson, a gnarly ex-Seal who also has a taste for their six and twelve inch creations. Me? I prefer the six inch cold meat combo that been toasted! That and a bag of chip and a diet coke and I'm good to go!

Ever since the untimely departure of Jared Fogle as Subway's spokesman due to personal deviate sexual problems, I'm sure that this fine company has been on the lookout for someone to replace him. In that spirit, I've sent them photos of me 'before' and 'after', but only got the response that I looked somewhat fatter – not true! I'm large boned is all....

Needless to say, the food at Subway's is healthy – although not quite the great diet food everyone is always talking about. My little meal came close to 600 calories! Whoa Nellie! Frankly, I could do better at McDonald's if I stayed away from the burgers and fries section! That said, the meal is filling and very tasty. Just the sort of fare everyone hopes for when they dine out.

No comments:

Post a Comment