Monday, November 2, 2015

A tale of two restaurants!



It's around noonish and time for lunch! But, you're at work and that thirty minute lunch period goes by pretty fast! So, do you do the McDonald's thing or do you seek out a more upscale establishment like Charlie's Ribs Steak and Ale both located in Forsyth MO? Here I compare some important considerations like the time you will need to spend, the cost and the nutritional impact of fast food versus a sit your ass down dining experience.


As I didn't desire to completely blow out my diet in just one day, I choose to go to McDonald's on a Monday and then to Charlie's the following Tuesday (hopefully). Both venues were to be 'sit down' affairs, (although it's understood that you can drive through one and order takeout at the other if your in a big hurry to get back to your cubicle).

The infamous play area!
November 2, 2015 at 11:30 AM – McDonald's - A typical Monday workday with low traffic levels, but I arrived a little early anyway to insure I would get a decent table. At the counter, I ordered a plain Jane hamburger, a small French fry and diet coke. The total cost was $3.56 Wait wise, it took me no time to get to the front of the line, and only another 2 minutes to get and pay for my order. I also had to fill my cup at the beverage dispenser and then had to get napkins and a cup of ketchup from yet another dispenser area. (Always one to observe proper hygiene though, I used a napkin to push down on the ketchup plunger).

The food was about what I've grown used to over the years. Good tasting stuff that is loaded with salt and saturated fats. Just what an aging old gnome needs to insure an early end to life and living! I ate my meager 480 calorie meal and was out of there in ~ 15 minutes! And, yes! I was still hungry...


Coming soon - a trip to an upscale restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment